Friday 4 October 2013

Concept art

You may find here some other concepts that I developed, in the hope of coming up with some visual style that would properly depict the feeling of the world.

Ok, so I started with these kind of concepts, trying to get a geometrical look and almost flat colours, but I felt like there was something missing, some of that plasticity that the pencil sketches had.






After a couple more failed attempts I tried to come up with a style that would combine my pencil sketches with the digital paint, so I came up with these ones.




 But the results weren't what I was expecting from this.
I even tried to use the lasso geometrical kind of feel, and combine it with the style of painting from above.

Here's an example.

Then I realised I was involuntarily copying Jake Wyatt's style...in a bad, and non flattering way haha 
:( .

Here's an example of his work.




Oh well, the search will go on...








No comments:

Post a Comment