Thursday 3 October 2013

The Shaman King



Have you ever heard of the Shaman King?

A long long time ago in a place far far away from here I stumbled upon an interesting animation. It was called the Shaman King.

It's the story of a boy and his friends who are revealed to be shamans, mediums between the world of the living and the dead, which have the ability yo unite with ghosts and achieve shared goals.

The story revolves around a competition between them at the end of which the winner will become the Shaman King, the God of this world.

I'm mentioning this as a great source of inspiration, both the animation and comic being full of ideas that reach into the real world and different cultures and into their take on death and spirits, but at the same time not taking them too seriously and keeping a playful element about it.

Click here for the link

And here for the comic

It is a good reference and a great example as what I have in plan for my project considering how much I plan on twisting and modifying the information from the references that I will use.





No comments:

Post a Comment